Gallery extension with imaging resizing

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Developer
Mar 30, 2007 at 10:22 PM
Hi,

I've written a couple of classes to run alongside lightbox.net that enable you to drop a lightbox gallery control on a page which then enumerates a directory and creates both small and large versions of your image. I'd like to contribute them, are you able to take a look and give me your opinions?

I use lightbox on a site I manage and I get fed up putting tons and tons of image links in to the page. Although LightBox.Net helps, I still have to copy loads of stuff out and it literally takes me hours.

The two controls are DirectoryDataSource which enumerates a directory with a filemask to get the image files and Gallery which uses the DirectoryDataSource to find the images and display them in a databound templated control (with a footer and header).

I'd love to contribute so please let me know soon.

Regards

Ryan
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2007 at 2:16 AM

RyanONeill wrote:
Hi,

I've written a couple of classes to run alongside lightbox.net that enable you to drop a lightbox gallery control on a page which then enumerates a directory and creates both small and large versions of your image. I'd like to contribute them, are you able to take a look and give me your opinions?

I use lightbox on a site I manage and I get fed up putting tons and tons of image links in to the page. Although LightBox.Net helps, I still have to copy loads of stuff out and it literally takes me hours.

The two controls are DirectoryDataSource which enumerates a directory with a filemask to get the image files and Gallery which uses the DirectoryDataSource to find the images and display them in a databound templated control (with a footer and header).

I'd love to contribute so please let me know soon.

Regards

Ryan

That sounds great!! There's definitely something that will make LightBox.NET tons better, would you like to be part of the development team? I can surely use the help!